Countdown to Summer
20 days til SUMMER VACATION!!!!! 🙂 19 with the kids! But, who’s counting??? I have already started thinking about what I want to do this summer to get ready for next year. Here are some things that are on my “To Do” list!
1. Attend some workshops about intermediate reading/writing
2. Organize and revamp my classroom library
3. Make charts to use with my kids next year for reading, writing, and english
4. Create a rough yearly curriculum plan
5. Figure out how to organize reading/writing notebooks for kids
6. Figure out best room arrangement for whole group lessons/working in small groups/individual conferring
7. Figure out how to incorporate some comprehension skill cards into independent work that will help with state testing
8. Read ALL the books that I want to read to help me plan my curriculum/year/action plan
9. Make table skirts (well, get my mother-in-law to do this :)) for computer table and small group table-maybe even teacher desk!
10. Create Scott Foresman Reading Street resources-powerpoints for each weekly story/week at a glance sheets/trifold discussions/and whatever else I can think of
11. Thinking about technology and how to incorporate it into my lessons
What are your plans this summer for getting ready for next year?